Adynata

 


CHAPTER- 1
If Cruelty Was a Job

Once there lived a king, whom people referred to as Hulik The Great. As intriguing as his name was, Hulik wasn't great. He would starve the citizens of Grazen village and make them his servants. He would drown children if they made a slight mistake or give them to doctors to experiment on them. Families were torn apart when Hulik became the king. But there was a boy who wasn't able to accept it. He went to other villages to protect the citizens of Grazen, but the kings there were too scared to do anything. He then protested against Hulik, but nearly after that, he was thrown in prison, and his family was killed. Devastated by the news, the villagers also protested against Hulik, but sadly, they also ended up giving their lives. It took twenty-eight years for Hulik to be killed. Then, after that Grazen was free again, and they chose their king to be Druye, the boy we were talking about.' Luin closed the storybook and kept it on the table. His sister was staring at him. "What?' He asked 'I want one more story!' His sister shouted. 'Nope, I will tell you another one tomorrow.' Luin said while helping himself to stand up. 'Please..." 'No means no. Now sleep!' Luin said, switching off the lamp. 'Good night! Sweet dreams.' 'Good night, have nightmares!' His sister said. 'Gosh, this girl.' Luin muttered. Luin went to his room. He leaned on his bed and looked at his side. It was the photo of his parents. I wish you were here, Mom and Dad.' Luin said as a teardrop fell from his eye. "You know, Restin always hears stories. She is very smart nowadays and she is at the top of her class! She even got to be at the Scholar Badge ceremony. If you guys were here, I am pretty sure you would be proud, like I am! And if you like, you can forget me; I was a disappointment anyway. You know I always regret the moment when I was so angry about my birthday present that you guys had to go to purchase another one. Even at that time, you guys were not scolding me. You simply apologized and went to the shop, not knowing you would have a horrible accident in which both of you would die. You could have done just one thing, and that is scolding me for being such an ungrateful child. Aunt Poniz loves us, but deep down, she hates me for letting you guys die. She hates me a lot but still gives me fake love. I don't like fake love.' Luin rubbed his eyes and went to sleep. Aunt Poniz was hearing all this behind the door. She, too, was feeling upset after listening to what Luin said. The sun's rays were entering even though Luin kept his curtains shut. Aunt Poniz came to Luin's room. 'Good Morning!' Aunt Poniz said happily. Luin opened his eyes and smiled. 'Aunt Poniz? Good Morning!' He said in a half-sleepy voice. 'Special day, I must suppose...' She said cleaning his bedroom with her vacuum cleaner. Luin stared at Aunt Poniz. "What special day?' He asked. 'Don't act.' She said, being suspicious. 'Aunty, I really don't know what you are talking about! “Don't say you forgot your own "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROBBIE!' Restin yelled.


This was a small extract of the first chapter of this extremely captivating book, to completely read it, check out the link given below-


Link - https://www.bribooks.com/bookstore/adynata


And don't forget to write a review and encourage our young author!


Comments