WHAT A SHAME!

 My eyes might just tell you everything-

Black holes and a vacant void within.

Most nights, rimmed as red as my desperation's silhouette

Oh, What a Shame! You're so blind.


Perfectionistic imposters like me end up perfectly wasted.

Sunlight terror every morning, call it Survival Horror.

Drowning in the light, I've forgotten what it's like to swim.

Oh, What a Shame! You're so blind.


Drag me down so low, I'm Icarus seduced by the Sun.

And the poison's floating in my blood.

Stitch the pieces of skin and trash and flesh and bones together like I'm a pretty, macabre, rag doll.

Oh, What a Shame! Everyone of you is so blind.


Hop(e) on, take a trip to the top with clipped wings and crushed hope in our toxic systems.

Guilt's ice fingers creeping up my back, from 'neath my bed; carve the word 'repent' into my skull.

I like the way my skin crawls, fingers twitch and lungs scream.

Oh, What a Shame! I'm so blind.

- Varunika

Comments