Taught me ✒

The world of fiction has taught me more than rooms full of people 

It has taught me how to treat the people in  those rooms with love

It has taught me how to analyse every person and to put them into characters whose descriptions fit like a glove

I wake up till 3am at night for a  friend 

Because the books taught me not to let the friendship end 

The poems I recite 

The books I read 

The films that capture my eyes

All teach me how bonds hurt due to lies

A world of fiction where every story feels true

The characters of my favourite books hold a mirror I see myself through 

The books give me infinite ideas to pursue.

The world of literature pens down the feeling I felt 

When I fell short of words as my heart melt 

Literature never betrayed me and it taught me never to betray 

Because "et tu Brute?" Only looks good when it's in a play.

-Tisya 

Comments