To Rain

Sound of rainfall, sound of glass, to rain, I asked 

Let this be the time, please fall before dark 

For I must dance or cry, rain is the perfect excuse to start


But rain held back, for reason unbeknownst 

Fantasies of August crawled to me like ghosts 

If it rains, I have hope, to hope, I declare all my prose


And when my urges to sway and scream left 

The rain reached to ground, picked my defeatist bereft 

Betrayal by it I felt, but rain and I became friends again during my heft


The drought in my eyes 

Could it be, my streams went to the storms in the sky 

Long awaited, these drizzles, a chimerical or a lie?


Worship, I did, once or twice, a day, a week 

Prayer, seems far-fetched for no reply was ever seen 

Nevertheless, what words couldn't show, the storms Speak


Glad was the rain, to wait out the spring,


"There is no shred of happiness I couldn't bring 

But to cry in me than dance, oh love, what a fickle thing"


Now in summer drought, the rain comes steadfast

And cry, I certainly could, but today I will dance 

Hope, the rain doesn't give; but for strength, to rain, I raise a glass

-Pranathi 10 E

Comments

  1. This poem is expressing sadness and acceptance very nicely. Great poem!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment